Banks have come and gone in Haskell County, but The First National Bank
of Stigler, Oklahoma, has weathered all financial storms for over 100
years. We give credit to our loyal customer base for these last 100
years and we are looking forward to serving you in the future.
First National Bank of Stigler was first organized in 1903 by Sam Rose.
Business was conducted in a tent located in Old Town Stigler until a
building could be constructed. The bank moved into its new two story
facility, on the southwest corner of Main and Broadway, in early 1904.
On April 19, 1904, The First National Bank of Stigler was chartered making
it the first bank to be chartered in Haskell County. The two story
building was destroyed by fire on January 3, 1974. A new building was
built at 300 East Main and completed in 1975. The bank is currently
still at this location.
Passing years have brought changes, not only in the banking house,
officers, and shareholders; but also in facilities for serving its
customers, from the old fashioned “hand posted” Boston Ledger to the
First National Bank of Stigler currently has 25 employees and
approximately $100 million in assets.
Return to the Top